Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This is the email that I sent my professor:

Please post the fax number so I can get it to you in the next day or so. Thank you!

Jennifer


This is her response:

Jennifer,
Please be patient as I am inconveniencing a full time staff member who is going to gather these at her fax machine in her office.
I am waiting for her to send me her number and to discuss an appropriate time and date for her to receive them.
This way, they will be collected accurately.
Please do me a favor and read how you worded that.
Try to remember that I mandate the due dates and the log is not due until the end of the year.
I'm not sure she wants them all on her desk right now as she has several of her own.
Despite what you may think, not everyone revolves around this class.
Also, to put a high priority on telling me what to do is not professional or courteous.
I will admit that I take issue with the way you sent that.
Demanding an instructor get a fax so you can send it in the next few days is not the way a student should broach anyone.
Please wait since those are currently not due and I will issue a class email with the fax and the due date. This way the other instructor can simply receive them and pile them in one easy swoop.

Was I way off base? Her email previous to mine said that she would post the fax number on Monday. Tuesday morning, I asked her to post the number so I could get my log turned in. Then she went off. I didn't think I was being rude. I was just trying to be brief and to the point because I know she gets tons of emails every day that she has to sort through. I apologized to her but it pisses me off when people go off after reading an email. It's not like I'm some child being rude and demanding. I wish I hadn't filled out my course evaluation. I wouldn't have rated her very high at this point.

2 comments:

twinsRus said...

WTH! What is her deal????
What a freak! I would hate to be married to that woman! I think she has some major issues! I wouldnt take it personally, this is probably how she treats everyone else too! She probably gets kicks out of knocking people down. ttyl

Melany aka Supermom said...

She was definitely not having a good when she read that! Demanding?...when you used please and thank you in the one sentence (or two) I mean come on!!!!