Monday, January 29, 2007

It is so hard as a teacher to call a parent and give them not so good news about their child. Since some of my kids go to after care, I don't get to talk to their parents after school and give them the low down on how their child is doing. Tonight I had to call one of my kids parents and tell mom that her child cries all day for no reason. I was trying to see if anything is going on at home that would make this happen but she said that everything is status quo. At 4 years old, and this late into the school year, kids should be into the routine and be able to handle being away from mom and dad for a few hours. She cries at the littlest thing. The other day, her chair was slid about 2 feet from where it normally is and it resulted in a 30 minute hissy fit. It drives me crazy but I am trying to be helpful and work through this with her.

No comments: