Friday, December 1, 2006

Work Chrismas Party

Who ever heard of a work Christmas party where the employees have to pay for their boss? I work at a private Christian preschool that doesn't pay very much, but the work is great. They organized a party at a local Mexican rest. for all of the staff and are charging each of us $13.50 for fajitas. That does not include a drink....not even tea. Then they had the nerve to ask each of us to chip in to pay for the school board to join us. What?? I don't even make $10 and hour to take care of and teach 13 kids every day and they can't take US to dinner? I've never heard of such a thing. So, the general consensus is that no one is going because it such a rip off. A couple of girls are going for the margaritas, but I think I will sit this one out. I don't like being a party pooper but I'm cheap like that!

We're planning to somewhat decorate the house for Christmas tonight. We'll probably go get the tree and get everything out of the attic. I'll probably have to do most of it myself tomorrow afternoon. Finals are next week and the following week, so I am more concerned with studying than decorating at this point. Have you put your tree up yet?

1 comment:

Polly said...

Hi Jenn,
I like this website! I agree with you about the Christmas party - those that make probably much more than you should pay! I wouldn't go either! We put up our tree and decorated last night. Maybe I shouldn't use the "we" word - "I" did it all by myself!

Things aren't the same around here without y'all. We really miss you, but I'm glad you are all doing well.

Have you been following Mark's website? I haven't heard from you since his new development a couple of weeks ago. But he's doing okay right now.

Well, it's my weekend to cover Georgetown Hospital and we went to church this morning so I haven't started working yet - I better get busy! Tell your boys "Hi!" By the way, I always tell Mark and Justin and boy-dog Buddy that regardless, they will always be outnumbered - doesn't matter that I'm the only girl in the family!

Have a good week!

Polly
www.caringbridge.org/visit/mark.w