Friday, August 8, 2008

Wow....

I have to be very careful how I choose my words when talking about something that is really bothering me, so forgive me if I'm vague. Last night we went to dinner for my son's birthday and had a bunch of family members meet us. My husband's parents were there and his dad didn't say a word to me (or anyone else for that matter.) He gave the kids the cold shoulder and basically acted like he didn't want to be there. My MIL talked to my husband the whole time and said about 2 words to me. They haven't seen our kids in 3 months but said that they wanted to come back to our house for cake and ice cream so they could see our puppy (they LOVE her), because they haven't seen her in a long time. How can you give a crap about seeing a dog but don't make an effort to see your own grandchildren when they live 4 miles away. I don't want to alienate them from my life because I truly love his parents but I refuse to have people snub my family or give me the cold shoulder and then want to walk into my house to see a fucking dog. I wish they'd come out and tell us what the problem is.

1 comment:

Melany aka Supermom said...

That makes NO sense!? I agree..if they have a problem, they should just come out and say it