Thursday, August 28, 2008

Looming


So the new hurricane is brewing out in the Carribean right now and we're all gearing up for another big one. My family from New Orleans are making arrangements to evacuate when the time comes, some of them going to Mississippi and others coming here to Houston. The models are showing about a 300 mile length of the Gulf Coast that could possibly hit and they say we'll know more this weekend. This weekend I will be filling up the car and making sure we have batteries and groceries in the house. We NEVER get prepared for storms but I have a bad feeling about this one. I don't want to be caught off guard.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

At least you're getting prepared this time. I know it's so difficult to take the storms seriously when you've heard hurricane threats so often & they never amount to anything. I hope it bypasses you & your family (& me!). :)