Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Home again, Home again, Jiggety Jig....

I never thought I would ever be so happy to be back in Texas. No offense to Chicago but, I don't think I could live with that little sunshine. It was cloudy and overcast the whole time I was there and snowy and windy the day before we left, closing the airport and stranding hundreds of people. It may be hot as hell here in the summer but I'll take it!

We had a good time in Chicago. It was nice spending time with DH and my brother and his girlfriend. She had a Halloween convention to go to for her party supply business and so I tagged along with her for a day. It was really interesting but kind of shocking to see how much junk there is out there. I kept walking around thinking, "there is nothing that I need in here. All of this stuff is disposable junk". I guess I'm too much of a realist. Or a grouch (whatever).

The highlight (if you can call it that) of my trip was meeting Dee Snyder, the lead singer of the hair band Twisted Sister. Remember them? He was signing autograph's and taking pictures so I had to get in line. DH is a huge, huge, hair band fan.

Anyways, it's good to be home. I missed the kids and the sun. It's off to work for me! Have a good day!

No comments: