Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Ike is definitely coming to visit the Houston area and we're getting ready. We plan on staying home because we're so far inland but the forecast says that we're on the dirty side of the storm so we're expecting some pretty bad weather. The only thing that we worry about are the large pine trees that we have in the yard. I'd hate to have one of them fall on my house. I don't know what we're going to do with my mom yet. She says she wants to sit home but I think she'll be scared. My husband is going over there this morning to clean up her yard and put her lawn furniture in the shed. I'd love to have her over here but that comes with another dog in the house and I don't know if I can take it. My dog has such a hard time with storms that adding another one to the mix may push me over the edge. We're going to figure everything out tonight and get our plan made. Wish us all luck! It's going to be a rough couple of days!

No comments: